Diagnostic Clinic Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled some of the most asked questions we receive about our clinic. If your question isn’t addressed here, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 651-917-2370.
Questions? We have answers.
How long does an appointment take?
Just as each child is unique, so is each FASD assessment. In general, the diagnostic process takes 3 -6 hours to complete, and may include one or more of these assessments. Portions of the assessment may be completed using telehealth.
A comprehensive history and any evidence of prenatal alcohol exposure is discussed.
- Physical Exam
Measurements of the head, face and growth are taken along with a complete physical exam.
- Neurodevelopmental Assessment
Comprehensive testing is done to evaluate different brain functions. Areas assessed can include: cognitive functioning, achievement, executive functions, language, memory, visual/motor functioning, emotional functioning, and adaptive daily living skills.
Test results and relevant medical and clinical information is reviewed to determine eligibility for an FASD diagnosis.
- Evaluation Report
A summary of the findings is prepared along with specific recommendations for follow up support and treatment. Information about Proof Alliance family support options is distributed. A feedback session is provided to review the evaluation report with the family.
What is the process to make an appointment?
The process to schedule an appointment at the Proof Alliance FASD Diagnostic Clinic has several steps:
- Contact the Proof Alliance Clinic at 651-917-2370. We will conduct a short intake over the phone and then send you an intake packet to fill out and return to Proof Alliance.
- Once your intake packet is returned to Proof Alliance, we will request your necessary records.
- When the records are completed, we will contact you to schedule an appointment.
Is there a cost? And is financial assistance available?
Proof Alliance has a history of providing care to patients regardless of their ability to pay. The vision of the organization is to support families impacted by fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD).
Proof Alliance provides services to meet the needs of people who are unable to pay for care, such as:
- Using fair and consistent collection practices that are in the best interests of all the parties involved.
- Providing individualized payment plans, medical services at reduced rates or at no cost – based on your ability to pay
If you are experiencing financial hardship, please contact Proof Alliance at 651-917-2370 to discuss options such as payment plans or financial assistance.