Article: Training on FASD Screening for Children Entering Foster Care
Training on FASD Screening for Children Entering Foster Care
New legislation has required all children entering foster care in Minnesota to be screened for prenatal alcohol exposure.
Training on FASD Screening
To ensure that this screening is conducted in accordance with the best practice guidelines, Proof Alliance has created a recorded webinar and supplemental materials.
Register here to access the one hour training titled “FASD Screening for Children Entering Foster Care.
The following materials provide additional assistance with the screening process.
- Proof Alliance FASD Foster Care Screening Algorithm
- Proof Alliance FASD Screening Phrases
- American Academy of Pediatrics Screening Implementation Guide
- Video: Obtaining Prenatal Alcohol Exposure History in a Pediatric Setting: CDC Collaborative for Alcohol Free Pregnancy
- Video: Making a Referral for an FASD Assessment: How to Talk to Families: CDC Collaborative for Alcohol Free Pregnancy
For Minnesota County Workers
The FASD Screening for Children Entering Foster Care training may count toward your agency’s required professional development training hours. Contact your agency to determine how to self-report it.
Continuing Education Units
For continuing education units (CEUs), Proof Alliance is an approved continuing education provider for the Minnesota Board of Social Work (BOSW). For other licensing boards, submit a certificate of attendance to your board for approval. Contact Shauna Feine at email@example.com to receive a certificate of attendance.
For questions regarding this training, please email Kendra Gludt at firstname.lastname@example.org.