Article: Ways to Give
Ways to Give
Proof Alliance provides several ways you can make a donation. You can make a one-time gift, or you may choose to become a monthly/sustaining donor. By choosing an automatic recurring gift, an automatic payment by credit card or checking account will be charged each month to your account. This type of giving require less time and expense to process, meaning more of your contribution can be directed towards supporting our mission and vision.
Donate Online, by Mail, or Phone
Make a one-time or recurring financial gift online using our simple and secure donation form. Click here to donate online now.
By choosing an automatic recurring gift of any amount, you become a Proof Alliance Sustainer. Automatic payments by credit card or checking account require less time and expense to process, meaning more of your contribution can be directed towards supporting our mission and vision.
If you prefer to send your gift by mail, print and fill out our donation form.
Send the completed form with your enclosed contribution to:
Attn: Shana Haertel-Strehlow, Executive Assistant
1876 Minnehaha Avenue West
Saint Paul, MN 55104
If you would like to donate with a credit card over the phone, call Shana Haertel-Strehlow at 651-917-2370.
By making a gift in honor or in memory of a loved one, you are making a statement about the person. There can be no greater way to pay tribute to someone than through a gift in memory or in honor.
Before proceeding with a tribute gift, please have the following information available:
- If your gift is in honor or recognition, provide the living honoree’s name, as well as their address – we will notify them of your gift, minus the amount.
- If your gift is in memory, please provide the name of the person you are memorializing, as well as the name and address of the family member(s) you wish us to notify. Again, we will not mention gift amount.
Stock/Securities & IRA Donations
Gifts of appreciated stocks, bonds, or mutual fund shares can be a tax-advantaged way to provide immediate support for Proof Alliance. Gifts of any size benefit the many programs offered. To make a gift of stock/securities, contact Shana Haertel-Strehlow, Executive Assistant, at 651-917-2370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
By giving Proof Alliance appreciated securities that you’ve held for more than a year, you receive a double tax benefit:
- You avoid capital gains tax on the appreciation that would be due upon sale.
- You can receive a charitable income tax deduction for the current fair market value of the property – up to 30 percent of adjusted gross income.
- You can carry forward any unclaimed portion of the deduction for up to five additional years, subject to the annual limit.
IRA Rollover/IRA Charitable Distributions
If you are age 70½ or older, you may give up to $100,000 directly from your IRA to qualified charities without paying federal income tax on the distribution.
If you’d like to make a gift to benefit Proof Alliance, you may choose to make a qualified charitable distribution from your IRA.
- Distributions made under this law can be used to satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD). Qualified charitable distributions are not limited to your RMD.
- Instead of taking a charitable income tax deduction for the gift, you may exclude the distribution from your income.
- You must be age 70.5 or older at the time the gift is made.
- IRA owners can make qualified charitable distribution of up to $100,000 per year.
- Only traditional IRAs are eligible. However, owners of other types of qualified plans may roll assets into a new IRA to make gifts if such a rollover is permitted. Please consult with your advisor before doing so.
- You must request a direct transfer of funds from your plan administrator to a qualified public charity. It is important not to withdraw funds before making a gift.
- You cannot receive goods or services, or a personal benefit (such as tickets for events or sponsorship of the Proof Alliance Benefit event) in return for the gift.
Making Your IRA Gift to Proof Alliance:
Contact your IRA plan administrator and request a direct qualified charitable distribution from the IRA account to the Proof Alliance, a 501(c)(3) organization, with tax ID number 41-1904618
Mail the check to:
1876 Minnehaha Avenue West
St Paul MN 55104
Retirement, Life Insurance & Bequests/Wills/Trust Donations
Retirement Assets or Life Insurance
Naming Proof Alliance as a beneficiary of your retirement account or life insurance is a simple and tax-advantaged way to support the work of our organization.
- If transferred to heirs, assets in tax-deferred retirement accounts—401(k)s, 403(b)s, IRAs, etc.—are subject to income tax and possibly estate tax. If left to the Proof Alliance, these assets will pass free of tax. For this reason, you may want to consider leaving these assets to the Proof Alliance and providing for your heirs using assets that are not subject to income tax.
- You can designate to Proof Alliance to receive a percentage or all of the remaining assets in the account.
- You maintain control over these assets during your lifetime and can change the beneficiaries at any time.
Naming Proof Alliance as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy is a simple way to make a charitable gift to our organization. Gifts of any size benefit our many programs.
A bequest is a way to meet your philanthropic goals and estate planning goals, both while supporting Proof Alliance. There are many benefits to making a bequest/planned giving. You may be looking for a way to make a significant gift to help further Proof Alliance’s mission.
A bequest is a gift made through your will or estate plans. It is one of the most popular and flexible ways that you can support our mission.
You can make a future gift to Proof Alliance through a bequest, life insurance policy, retirement plan and other assets. Gifts of any size made through a planned and future gift help ensure that Proof Alliance continues to receive valuable support into the future.
This provides information on how you can plan to make your future gift.
Here is a sample sentence you may use to include Proof Alliance in your will/trust:
“I/we give [amount, percentage, or description of property] to Proof Alliance, St. Paul, MN to be used for the benefit of the organization with direct its use toward (name the area or program you would like the gift to support – for instance, ‘prevention programs’ or ‘family support’)”
To designate Proof Alliance, you can use the following information when completing the beneficiary designation form:
1876 Minnehaha Avenue West, St. Paul, MN 55104
Federal Tax ID number (EIN): 41-1904618