Group: SKILLZ In-Person Skill-Building Group for Youth
SKILLZ In-Person Skill-Building Group for Youth
Make friends. Learn new skills. Go on community adventures. Have fun.
SKILLZ in-person skill-building group will meet monthly. This fun, interactive will help foster healthy peer relationships while introducing new social and emotional skills. Periodically the group will participate in community exploration field trips with chaperones. Skills learned to include:
- Making and keeping friends
- Manners and etiquette
- Listening and communication
- Safety and boundaries
- Basic life skills and community exploration
We are following guidance from the CDC and the Minnesota Department of Health. Making our events and groups safe and accessible to all who wish to attend is our top priority. We are continuing to follow the latest recommendations from health experts. As this event date nears, we will adjust our safety plans based on the most up-to-date recommendations at that time. Attendees will be asked to maintain the recommended 6-foot distance. Masks are required for everyone. Rooms and all materials at Proof Alliance are sanitized several times daily.
- Max participants: 8
- Cost: Free, some fee may be requested (optional) for community exploration activities.
- Supervision: 1 Proof Alliance staff, 1-2 volunteers (with background checks) per 8 youth
- This event is best suited for youth ages 11-15 with a known or suspected FASD.
- RSVP required. Please send an email to Marissa.Lang@proofalliance.org to RSVP.