You have the power to create meaningful change.
Together, we can prevent prenatal alcohol exposure and support people with fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASD).
Why is cause marketing good for your business?
Be a leader in commercial responsibility
Makes giving back easy and sustainable
Provides a ‘feel good’ shopping experience
Strengthens brand affinity and trust
Builds community connections
How can you engage for good?
Collaborate with Proof Alliance to make a real difference.
- Offer discounted rate to liquor stores on featured product(s); proceeds donated
- Supply featured product(s) to restaurants/bars; proceeds donated
- Implement round-up campaign, Inviting customers to round up total; proceeds donated
Contact us today!
Our organization provides a variety of resources, programs, and initiatives that are designed to help prevent prenatal alcohol exposure and support those affected by FASD. Join us in our mission to make a lasting impact in increasing awareness and providing support for those in our community affected by this disorder.
Together, we can make a positive impact on our community.
What is FASD?
FASD is a range of lifelong physical, mental, behavioral, developmental and/or learning disabilities. FASD is caused by prenatal alcohol exposure.
FASD is a spectrum. Symptoms vary for each individual. Common symptoms can include:
- Hearing or vision problems
- Difficulty in school
- Poor coordination
- Sensory sensitivity
- Hyperactive behavior
- Difficulty paying attention
- Memory issues
- Poor social skills
- Poor reasoning
- Poor judgment skills
What causes FASD?
FASD is caused by prenatal alcohol exposure (PAE). Prenatal alcohol exposure, or drinking alcohol during pregnancy, can cause lifelong mental, behavioral and/or learning disabilities.
Characteristics of an FASD may put one at higher risk for:
- Difficulty in school
- Interaction with justice system
- Substance use
- Inconsistent employment
- Mental health challenges
Proof Alliance provides the following core programs for our community:
- Public awareness about FASD and the impact of prenatal alcohol exposure.
- Prevention campaigns and outreach to promote alcohol-free pregnancies.
- Training for professionals to create FASD-informed community (education, research, legal/judicial, healthcare, law enforcement, legislative, and social service systems)
- Care and support for youth, families and caregivers impacted by an FASD.
- FASD diagnostic services to help identify and diagnose children with an FASD.
- Training for healthcare systems to help clinicians screen for/treat alcohol use during pregnancy and identify and care for kids with suspected or diagnosed FASD.
"With appropriate diagnosis and treatment, community support and specialized care, people affected by an FASD can lead fulfilling lives and have the opportunity to reach their full potential."
Proof Alliance isn’t against alcohol...
Rather, we are in support of healthy, alcohol-free pregnancies.