FASD Advocacy Day 2023
Have you, a family member or a friend been impacted by an FASD?
Register for Proof Alliance’s FASD Advocacy Day 2023 and voice your story to advocate, educate and legislate to prevent FASD and improve care for all impacted!
Purpose of FASD Advocacy Day:
Join the movement and hundreds of Minnesotans for the state’s largest policy event for the FASD community to advocate for improved policy and funding for FASD prevention and support.
At this event, you will:
- Learn about Proof Alliance’s 2023 legislative priorities to prevent and care for people impacted by an FASD
- Attend a 15-minute pre-scheduled in-person meeting at the Minnesota State Capitol with your legislator to share your story
- Connect with other individuals and families impacted by an FASD
February 21st 2023, check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. CST
Christ Lutheran Church
105 University Ave W, St. Paul, Minnesota
- 8:30-9 a.m. CST: Registration and check-in at Christ Lutheran Church
- 9 a.m.-10 a.m. CST: FASD Advocacy Day 2023 Program
- 10:15 a.m. CST: Group photo on Capitol stairs in your Proof T-Shirt (Don’t miss this!)
- 10:30- 1 p.m. CST: Individual legislative appointments
- 12 p.m. CST: Debrief and write thank you notes to legislators
- Pizza provided!
When you register for FASD Advocacy Day 2023, you will also be automatically enrolled in a free 30-minute online advocacy training one week prior to FASD Advocacy Day 2023 to help you feel prepared to share your story and help make change!
Online Advocacy Training
As part of registering for the Proof Alliance FASD Advocacy Day 2023, you will also be invited to participate in a 30-minute online advocacy training one week prior to FASD Advocacy Day 2023 event. The training is designed to help you feel prepared to share your story with your legislator. You can attend live or watch the recording. At this training you will:
- Learn about Proof Alliance’s 2023 FASD legislative priorities.
- Learn effective ways that you can help support these priorities by telling your story and using your voice.
- Learn how to influence your elected officials through easy grassroots advocacy activities.
Register for FASD Advocacy Day 2023 and we’ll send you a link to log in to our online advocacy training event on February 13 from 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. CST. During this interactive online event, you’ll get a briefing on legislation impacting the FASD community and learn strategies to effect policy change.
Meet with Your Legislators
On or after February 21 (By Appointment)
This is your chance to speak out and be heard. Register below and the Proof Alliance team will schedule an appointment for you to meet virtually with your representatives and share your story.
You will have various options to make sure your meeting with your legislator is easy and effective:
- Attend a 15-minute pre-scheduled in-person meeting at the capitol with your legislator
- Attend a 15-minute pre-scheduled virtual zoom meeting with your legislator
- Mail a personal customized letter using an auto-populated template
- Email a quick and easy automated note
- Text a simple automated note
- Use social media to engage your legislator